We're back this week after a couple of weeks hiatus and the news is saturated with mobile. I don't think it'll be drying out anytime soon.
Westpac has added support for Microsoft's Windows Phone to it's mobile banking platform. Windows Phone is on the rise?
- Windows Phone users can now access Westpac mobile banking - Computerworld
Buying online? Live in Sydney or Melbourne? Want it now? 3 hour deliveries are in the offing.
- Australian Online Retailers Turn the Last Mile into a Golden Opportunity with Innovative Delivery Options - Power Retail
Around the world
$7 billion in mobile payments through Paypal in 2012? 700,000 new android smartphone subscribers a day? Must be another mobile state of play infographic.
- Infographic: 2012 Mobile Growth Statistics - Digital Buzz Blog
There's lots of talk about digital wallets. Hopefully digital wallets aren't hiding somewhere with the paperless office.
- When Will The Smartphone Really Replace Your Wallet? - Fast Company
There seems an obvious play to put point of sale solutions into the smartphone arena. Walmart are giving it a go.
Zara in the UK are in on the act as well. They're working on an Android app that includes a barcode scanner.
- Zara Launches Samsung-Exclusive App | - Mobile Marketing
An interesting article on the state of e-commerce checkout design.
Square have up'ed the ante when it comes to merchant fees for credit card payments. Flat rate $275 a month for smaller merchants? There's some magic going on here somewhere.
The biggest social networking sites are also the source of the most fear risk to businesses. No shock there really. Informed fear or fear due to misunderstanding?
If you're enjoying the Roundup, you can get it shrink-wrapped and delivered automatically to your favourite rss/news reader by subscribing.
The Roundup is digital, mobile, online and emerging technology news from Australia and around the world.