The iPhone 5 is out. Underwhelmed? Maybe you can get excited about e-commerce, infographics, bitcoin and more in this week's roundup!
An interesting anomoly that came my way this week. Nova, a radio station owned by DMG released a location-based offers app for the iPhone in May - ShopperNova. An interesting play for a radio station. I don't know what success it has seen but I like it because it shows some lateral thought.
- Our new ShopperNova app - NovaFM
- DMG's ShopperNova mobile app aims to link shoppers to outlets - mUmBRELLA
Australia tops the world in digital advertising spend per user.
The state of online retailing in Australia? It's actually an article on whether companies are spending on smartphone and tablet initiatives.
- State of Retailing Online Report Released - Power Retail
Infographic alert. The state of e-commerce in Australia.
- INFOGRAPHIC: Australian E-Commerce Statistics - Power Retail
Around the world
In case you haven't noticed the iPhone 5 was released by Apple this week. There's not really much to say. It's more of the same. Of particular note, the Near Field Communications (NFC) that was widely believed to be released didn't make and entrance.
- The Best Of Apple's iPhone 5 Announcement - Fast Company
These guys were probably upset by the announcement. They plan to allow you to use NFC in smartphones as hotel keys, saving some of the Hotel checkin pain.
- Assa Abloy turns smartphones into keys with new system - Computerworld
You thought bitcoins were dead? Think again. Bitpay is on the case.
Some interesting numbers on the companion screen in the US.
So twitter is making some money?
- Twitter Increases Share of Social Ad Revenues - eMarketer
But there's growing opinion that Twitter and Facebook are on the slide. How fickle we are.
Is the cash register dead?
If you're enjoying the Roundup, you can get it shrink-wrapped and delivered automatically to your favourite rss/news reader by subscribing.
The Roundup is digital, mobile, online and emerging technology news from Australia and around the world.