Payments, M-commerce and more talk of Commonwealth Bank of Australia. They can't help themselves.
CBA is apparently getting some traction with developers for Pi, the new app platform that forms part of its new point of sale offering.
- CommBank signs up Pi developers - ITWire
Paypal Here is, well, here in Australia. At least it will be next month.
- PayPal Here in Australia next month - Banking Review
To be taken with a grain of salt. Paypal have sponsored a survey that indicates that getting online earlier means greater growth for small to medium businesses.
- Online Adopters Have a Higher Chance of Success - Power Retail
Around the world
IBM has released something that sounds vaguely similar to the Flow iPhone application powered by Amazon. It recognises a product from its image and provides review information. Take a look.
M-commerce is rising, rising, rising.
- M-Commerce to Reach a Quarter of Global E-Commerce by 2017 - Power Retail
Nothing like a rip-roaring divide between old and new media. What good is TV (in this case America's NBC) when you can get it all in real time in the Internet Age?
- (Un)Olympic Spirit - Digital Strategy
The US Red Cross has released a Hurricane App to help people track hurricanes and stay in touch during emergencies.
- Hurricane app debuts for free from American Red Cross - Computerworld
The next big thing. Social Gifting. If you simply put "Social" in front of any verb or noun - Voila, the next big thing. Social Social anyone?
- Wrapp Launches on Australian Shores - Power Retail
If you're enjoying the Roundup, you can get it shrink-wrapped and delivered automatically to your favourite rss/news reader by subscribing.
The Roundup is digital, mobile, online and emerging technology news from Australia and around the world.