Guess what this week? Yep, more mobile. And a little bit of Olympics if you're not over it yet.
A good "state of play" article in relation to mobile banking in Australia.
St George Bank, a brand of Westpac Bank have released a new mobile property app.
- St George launches new property app - Banking Review
After all the blustering about e-commerce and surrounding issues by Gerry Harvey, Harvey Norman are moving fast. They've now got a mobile version of their website.
- Harvey Norman Website is Now Optimised for Mobile - Power Retail
Books, a co-op, Paypal and QR codes. A healthy mix.
- Co-op Bookshop Embraces QR Codes for Queue Busting - Power Retail
Around the world
What's the future of education in an Internet age? There's a quiet revolution going on.
- Free courses from world's top unis a swipe away in online revolution - Sydney Morning Herald
An interesting piece on the future of native mobile apps.
- Mobile Apps Must Die - DesignTAXI.com
Now that the Olympics is over let the analysis begin.
Twitter also released a recap of some of the tweeting statistics during the games. TPM anyone?
- Olympic (and Twitter) records - Twitter
Rats and Mice
Hard to describe - it's a printer, but it's also a household helper.
If you're enjoying the Roundup, you can get it shrink-wrapped and delivered automatically to your favourite rss/news reader by subscribing.
The Roundup is digital, mobile, online and emerging technology news from Australia and around the world.