Facebook, Foursquare, Failures and Fulfilment. Alliteration Anyone?
The downsides of cloud computing felt this week by Google, Linkedin and Australia's own eHarmony.
- Gmail outage likely hit several million on Thursday - Computerworld
- FAQ: LinkedIn breach: What members (and others) need to know - Computerworld
- Dating site eHarmony confirms password breach - Computerworld
Fulfilment. The most important piece of e-commerce.
- Making the Last Mile Your First Priority - Power Retail
Give. It. A. Go! The big boys of Australian retail should really just get moving.
- Online Should be Saving Australian Retail, Not Killing It - Power Retail
Around the world
Facebook is mobilised for mobile. Instagram purchase, Instagram clone, apps for specific functions. And now a mobile payments solution. They've teamed with Telcos to do the billing.
- Facebook Launches Simple Mobile Payments - Read Write Web
And while we're on Facebook they've release a new offering to help with Apps developed for the Facebook platform. "App Center"
- Facebook launches App Center - Computerworld
Mobile wallets to hurt banks? Do you think so?
Multi-device consumption technology from Microsoft. What would your content strategy look like?
- Xbox SmartGlass: Microsoft's multiscreen strategy - Computerworld
Do you need to change your business use of Foursquare now that it's redesigned?
- Foursquare launches major redesign - Computerworld
Finally? NFC and "Frictionless" mobile marketing is far from ready.
- Finally, Here's A Way To Make Serious Money In Mobile Publishing - Business Insider
If you're enjoying the Roundup, you can get it shrink-wrapped and delivered automatically to your favourite rss/news reader by subscribing.
The Roundup is digital, mobile, online and emerging technology news from Australia and around the world.