It's all about new-age Payments and digital wallets.
What if you could stitch the many videos of any event together to show multiple viewpoints? Some aussies are trying it. How long till the first viral marketing attempt?
- How two Aussies threw the switch on power to the people - Sydney Morning Herald
TV. The lurking digital channel? Depending on what you think "TV" in the future will be. Is it a device, content or experience?
Around the world
Facebook has taken another step toward providing payment services. We recently noted their efforts for mobile payments (Facebook Launches Simple Mobile Payments). This time they're replacing their virtual currency "Credits" with real currency.
- Facebook's payment platform changes its currency - CNET News (via @matthewsinclair)
- Facebook Shifts Its Approach to Payments - NYTimes.com
Microsoft have finally put their hat in the ring and released their new take on the Tablet computer sporting a "multi-touch keyboard case".
Looks like Microsoft isn't to be outdone on the mobile wallet front either.
- Microsoft Windows Phone 8 Comes With Built-in Mobile Wallet - MyBankTracker.com
Worried about where your staff are? Google can help by tracking the location of their smartphones. This doesn't help their burgeoning Big Brother image.
- Google Maps Where Your Workers Are - NYTimes.com
If you're enjoying the Roundup, you can get it shrink-wrapped and delivered automatically to your favourite rss/news reader by subscribing.
The Roundup is digital, mobile, online and emerging technology news from Australia and around the world.