Late in the day this week. A bit like Google's cloud storage offering - Drive. Other than that, a bit of a quiet week really.
Musical jeans? Not quite. Musical change rooms based on the jeans your're trying on. Retail gone wild?
- EDITOR’S PICK: Cottoning on to Technology - Power Retail
Apart from the fact that Fairfax is reporting about itself, it isn't really giving much. Physical paper sales (which are paid) are dropping (>10% year on year in March for The Age, SMH and The Sunday Age). It's ok though, unique visits on the website are going great (in the 90-100% growth range) and app downloads are going gangbusters (700% for one). The problem is papers are paid for (mostly) whereas unique visits and app downloads don't translate to paid customers. Apples and oranges.
- Fairfax Media widens its digital footprint - The Sydney Morning Herald
The complicated world of retail experience and online convenience.
- Global retailers choose Australia as shoppers browse in real world - The Sydney Morning Herald
Around the world
Big news for the cloud this week. Google drive is announced
- Google Drive reaction roundup: It's good, but what took it so long? - Computerworld
- Google Drive review: Adding cloud storage to the mix - Computerworld
- Google Drive could be a boon -- and a headache -- for IT - Computerworld
- Privacy advocates slam Google Drive's privacy policies - Computerworld
Using Facebook pages for your business? You've probably already been forced to adopt the Timeline. This report has some interesting information about the performance of the Timeline for engagement, albeit with tiny sample sizes. Large grain of salt.
- Has Timeline Increased Engagement on Facebook? - eMarketer
In a world where cash is not king, Walmart introduces cash payment for online purchases.
- An Online Retailer That Accepts Cash - Power Retail
Rats and mice
If you're reading this at the end of the week after doing more than 40 hours. You should stop and enjoy your weekend.
If you're enjoying the Roundup, you can get it shrink-wrapped and delivered automatically to your favourite rss/news reader by subscribing.