Google's in a Dutch / Irish sandwich, Mobile traffic jams and Chile the wildcard in e-commerce spend.
The pressure is mounting on Google to play fair and pay their share of taxes on earnings in Australia.
- Forget Low-Value GST – Google is Playing the Cheeky Monkey - Power Retail
Australia Post is still at it with Digital Post Australia.
- Australia Post in fight for letterbox of the future - Sydney Morning Herald
Mobile data congestion in Australia is growing. Vodafone felt the pain a couple of years ago, now Telstra is feeling the same problem on its NextG 3G network.
- Mobile traffic jams set to continue as users soar - Sydney Morning Herald
Around the world
Get your business Android apps into your own Google Play store for your business?
- Google Play now lets businesses host their own app stores - Computer World
Did you know that smaller tablets increase your online sociability?
- Tablet Size Can Shape Its Use - eMarketer
The big spenders online in 2012. Notable inclusion of Chile in a group of the big population countries.
- The Big Five E-Commerce Countries of 2012 - Power Retail
If you're enjoying the Roundup, you can get it shrink-wrapped and delivered automatically to your favourite rss/news reader by subscribing.
The Roundup is digital, mobile, online and emerging technology news from Australia and around the world.